Monday, November 08, 2004

Lehualicious

I had to create a LiveJournal account so that I could mock Adam Yoshida in a non-anonymous manner, so I figured I may as well start a blog. Once again a few years late onto the bandwagon... I remember refusing to get an email address back in '95. Sigh.

Of note, I picked up a Lehua Concert Uke for cheap. It is one of the older Mahogany Mexican-made ones. It looks like this:



I actually like the styling on the old ones more than the current models, since I am not into the rope binding, or fancy rosettes. I like things a bit more simple and elegant. This Uke has great action, good intonation, and a nice tone.

I have been playin Charlie Christian inspired bop solos on it. Not what it is intended for, but it actually plays really well. It really makes a great rhythm chunkin' little Uke. I have been compin' away at various swing numbers. Perhaps one day I will be the Freddie Green of the Ukulele. Or maybe not, but you gotta have a dream.

2 Comments:

Blogger It'sallaboutbeingHaley said...

Hi dear.

7:54 PM  
Blogger It'sallaboutbeingHaley said...

You used the word elegant to discribe a Uke. LOL.
Mrs. Silly Head.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home