Saturday, November 27, 2004

Bday and stuff

It was my birthday a few days ago. Or maybe yesterday. My folks were out. My dad and I went to a coin store down south, and we found a few cool pieces and haggled for them. They include a Dupondius of Trajan with a really excellent portrait - it's really clean, and nicely centered. We also got a nice big Galerius follis. Galerius is one of the less popular guys in the tetrarchy. And a few other smaller odds and ends. I had gone looking for a Nero or an Augustus. But there were none. So we went back to the house, but dropped by the local coin store on the way. They had a nice Nero Semis with a great portrait and a Helena AE 3 that we wound up haggling for and buying.

I also got a new set of strings for the Lehua. I got a bone saddle for it a few days ago. I put the strings on it and sanded down the new saddle today and fitted it It is a lot louder now, and has picked up a lot of tone. Whoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home